Webcam Video Effects for Photo Booth & iChat.
CatEye is a free collection of video effects for Snow Leopard, Lion, Mountain Lion, Mavericks, Yosemite, Sierra, High Sierra, El Capitan, Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur. Working equally well with iChat - if you're still using that ;) - and Photo Booth, CatEye contains the three sets of eight video effects (shown below): RetroPixels, Love For 80s and Bent Pels.
CatEye is very easy to use:
1. Quit from PhotoBooth.
2. Install CatEye .QTZ files into /Library/Compositions.
3. Reopen Photo Booth to find the new effects available.
4. Delete any QTZ files from /Library/Compositions that you are not planning to use.
Uninstalling CatEye is straight-forward:
1. Use Finder to open the /Library/Compositions folder.
2. Identify any/all CatEye effects (they have .qtz file extension).
3. Throw the effects into the Trash and empty it.
CatEye 1.002 (Released 2020.05.07) is the current version (Mountain Lion, Mojave, Catalina, Big Sur).
CatEye 1.001 (Released 2008.05.12) was the previous version (Leopard, Snow Leopard and Lion).
You can find the latest download here.