The instant pop art creation program for anybody with a right-brain. Talent optional. FREE! FREE! FREE!
The image shown was created by applying a preset composition to a stock photo image. Bling for your IG (or myspace) in record time.
YOU CAN EASILY MAKE Pop|Op art LIVE with your Mac's FaceTime HD Camera or from digital photos. Just pose and click.
Select from hundreds of compositions easily customized to your favorite color. Your own instant art factory!
With a paid license, access hi-res iSight 2G or stream DotMatrix video effects to Youtube, Facebook, Qamera, and MORE!
With a Studio license, create giant art posters (samples) from low-resolution celphone and digital camera photos. Or from pictures you grab from iSight or internet.
If Photoshop and PhotoBooth were sampled and remixed by the spirit of Bob Moog, the result would be DotMatrix...
DotMatrix ushers in a new era of instant retro/pop/art photography, combining artsy, non-destructive eye-candy, shareable codes and live preview (works with most cams). Now, ANYONE and do we mean ANYONE can make popart pictures using just a Mac and the built-in camera. You don't have to be artistic if you can click and POSE!
DotMatrix is very easy to use.
1. Plug-in your camera (if not built in) and start DotMatrix or drag an existing picture to the DotMatrix dock icon.
2. From the Design menu, choose Refresh Web Designs to get the latest designs from the internet. The update runs in the background so you can keep working.
3. From the Design menu, choose a design from a category Manga/Comic, Retro/Popart, Futuro/SciFi or Basic.
4. Adjust the contrast, black level and brightness controls to taste.
5. Personalize the color with a single click on the left-hand color stripe! Use the arrow buttons to step through schemes one at a time.
6. Click the Grab button to instantly snap a JPEG picture to your Pictures folder.
7. Bookmark your favorite designs, customize them and email them to friends who can apply them to their own photos.
DotMatrix FREE 1.703 was released on 2012/07/02. You can find the latest free download here. DotMatrix & Studio 1.703 was released on 2012/06/28. Registered users go to password protected download area.
Starting with the 2013 MacBook Air (mid-2013, released in June 2013) Mac laptops have a new kind of integrated FaceTime camera. Unlike previous FaceTime, FaceTime HD and iSight cameras, the new camera is not a USB UVC camera. Thus, webcam software written using QuickTime(tm) camera APIs will not see the new camera. As promised, we've created a BLKOP-specific camera driver that enables all b-l-a-c-k-o-p.com webcam apps to seamlessly access the new FaceTime HD camera in the mid-2013 MacBook Air (and later) Mac models. CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FREE DRIVER
NOTE: This driver (QTKitVDIG and AVKitVDIG) was updated to version 1.0.15 on November 28, 2020.
We are currently shipping the Standard Version of DotMatrix.
DotMatrix Studio Edition is now available. All customers that pre-ordered the studio version receive a complimentary license for the Standard Edition at no charge. Purchase a serial number now in our secure online store.